Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frank Gehry, what won't you do?

Three things I'd like to bring to everyone's attention (as I assume anyone looking at my blog is a fan of architecture, even if you don't agree with my viewpoints.)

1- Gehry is an aesthetic and financial disaster

I'd like to hug whoever at CNN Money wrote this. Brilliant.

101 Dumbest Moments in Business
Ah, what a dumb year it was! Fortune chose the absolutely dumbest of the dumb that the gods of fate and humor delivered into our laps - and yours - this past year.
By the Editors of Fortune

55. Frank Gehry
Who left R2D2 alone with the AutoCAD and peppermint schnapps?
Photobucket
MIT sues architect Frank Gehry, alleging that flaws in his design of the school's $300 million Stata Center - which Gehry himself once described as looking "like a party of drunken robots got together to celebrate" - resulted in problems including cracks, leaks, and mold.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0712/gallery.101_dumbest.fortune/55.html

____________________________________________

2- Venice Says No to Celebrating Bridge
The hated Santiago Calatrava bridge in Venice, a glass monstrosity spanning the Grand Canal has been met with such resistence from the people that is opening celebrations were called off.

__________________________________

3- How long could you survive, chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor?
I made it 1 minutes and 6 seconds. I consider this a victory.

I could survive for 1 minute, 6 seconds chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor

No comments: